What To Do If You Have Wasps In Your Oklahoma City Yard
March 15, 2023 - Wasps
If you have wasps in your yard, you want to work with the best Oklahoma City pest control company you can find. That company is Alpha Omega Pest Control. We have a 4.8-star rating on Angi (formerly Angie's List) and a 5-star rating on Pest Control Reviews. We've also got 30 years of experience in the pest control industry. If wasps are bugging you, you want us to help you stop them. We are the first and last line of defense for your pest control needs.
How To Tell If You Are Dealing With A Wasp Infestation
There are three different types of wasps you have to worry about in Oklahoma City: paper wasps, yellow jackets, and bald-faced hornets – yes, yellow jackets and hornets are both types of wasps. These three wasps are the most likely to sting if you come upon them in your yard. Mud daubers, cicada-killers, spider wasps, and potter wasps rarely pose a danger, and when they do sting, it is not overly painful.
Signs that you're dealing with a wasp infestation include:
- A buzzing sound when you're out in your yard
- Wood damage around your eaves and roof overhangs from where wasps have chewed up the wood to mix with their saliva to make their nests
- A wasp nest that looks like it's made out of paper, sometimes honeycombed and sometimes looking like a papier-mache ball
- Seeing actual wasps
If you notice any of these signs, you need to call a professional Oklahoma City wasp control company like Alpha Omega Pest Control to schedule a free inspection.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Wasps In My Yard?
It can be incredibly dangerous to have wasps in your yard for several reasons, including:
- Yellow jackets nest underground, and those nests aren't always visible. It's easy to run your lawnmower over one or for your child to stumble upon one. Yellow jackets are fiercely territorial and will swarm to sting any threat they perceive.
- If any of the stinging wasps feel threatened, they emit pheromones that call other wasps to join them in attacking the intruder, namely you.
- You or a loved one may be allergic to wasp stings. Severe allergies can cause anaphylactic shock, trouble breathing, dizziness, anxiety, wheezing, and even loss of consciousness.
- Whether you're allergic to wasps or not, repeated stings from swarming wasps can be dangerous.
Because of these dangers, you need professional pest control for wasps at the first indication that they've moved into your yard. Contact Alpha Omega Pest Control as soon as possible to schedule your free inspection and to keep wasps away from your Oklahoma City yard.
Why You Shouldn't Try To Get Rid Of Wasps On Your Own
Wasp removal isn't something that should be left in amateur hands. Professional pest control technicians, like those at Alpha Omega Pest Control, have access to equipment and products that you don't, which allows us to remove wasps' nests safely. While you can buy wasp control products at your local hardware store, they're not as effective as the products we can use as pest control professionals. That's why the best way to get rid of wasps at your Oklahoma City home is to contact us and schedule your free inspection.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Wasps In Your Yard
If you're after safety, stay inside your home as much as possible until the best wasp control company in the area – Alpha Omega Pest Control – can come to deal with the infestation for you. We not only take down the nests, but we can also apply products to your home to repel wasps and prevent them from coming back. Contact us today to set up your free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Oklahoma City.