Is It Possible To Treat For Termites Myself In Oklahoma City?
April 15, 2022 - termites
Proper termite removal is essential for your Oklahoma City property if you want to prevent the damage that all different kinds of termites may cause. For help with a termite problem, you should reach out to Oklahoma City pest control for a termite inspection and careful termite removal.
Can I Treat My House For Termites Myself?
When treating termites, DIY methods and home remedies are often less than effective. DIY methods typically contain more natural pest control elements, such as plant extracts that aren’t as strong in eliminating termites. Plus, store-bought termite treatments are not quite as effective because they can’t reach all of the areas that termites tunnel into. This is especially a problem with a widespread termite infestation in which the termites have moved deep into the internal wooden structures of your home.
The best termite protection in Oklahoma City is reaching out to Alpha Omega Pest Control – our specialists will be able to provide you with a full termite inspection and complete termite removal.
Is It Possible To Fully Get Rid Of Termites?
It is possible to fully get rid of termites in your home with professional help, but you should keep in mind that it is a little more difficult to remove termites from your surrounding property altogether. To help prevent future termite infestations, you can put these prevention tactics into place:
- Address moisture issues on your property, as leaks and excess moisture can encourage termites to move in and damage wood, making it easier for them to start tunneling.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, including fallen branches and tree stumps. Store woodpiles on elevated surfaces away from the home and keep the grass trimmed low to make the areas less desirable.
- Seal up cracks and gaps where termites may enter, such as around windows, doors, and your home’s foundation. Make sure to also seal around utility entrances points.
- Reduce soil to wood contact by placing a barrier or stones between your yard and your home's foundation. This makes it more difficult for termites to cross from outside and start tunneling inside.
What Kind Of Damage Can Termites Cause?
A termite problem can cause significant damage to your home, especially if an infestation goes unnoticed or untreated for a long time. The longer that termites chew and tunnel in the wood of your home, the worse the damage gets, and the risk of structural collapse increases. This list includes other types of termite damage that you may encounter:
- Tight-fitting doors and windows
- Sinking floors or hardwood floors that break easily
- Wood that visually appears damaged or breaks away
- Bulging walls
- Dipping ceilings
- Bubbling or peeling paint on walls
- Galleries on furniture or walls (this is a maze-like pattern)
- Frass (termite droppings that seem like wood shavings) around your home
The Trick To Permanently Getting Rid Of Termites In Oklahoma City
Permanently removing a termite problem and having proper termite protection in Oklahoma City depends on reaching out to our professionals at Alpha Omega Pest Control. Our specialists will be able to identify the different kinds of termites that may be invading your property and will provide you with effective, tailored solutions that ensure this pest is fully removed from your property. The experts can also help you protect your home from future invasions, so termites stay out year-round.