How To Naturally Keep The Oklahoma City Mice At Bay
November 15, 2022 - Mice
It's that time of year again. The weather is cooling down and the Oklahoma City mice are looking for a warm place to nest. If you're not careful, your home could be their next target. These pests can carry disease and cause damage to your home, so it's important to take action if you see them. Alpha Omega Pest Control will discuss the signs of mice in your home, how they can make you sick, and the safest way to get rid of them with pest control in Oklahoma City. We will also provide some helpful ways to keep mice away from your home in the first place.
Signs Of Mice In Your Oklahoma City Home
Think you might have mice in your Oklahoma City home? There are a few telltale signs to look for:
- Droppings: Mice leave behind small, black droppings wherever they go. If you see these in your cupboards or on countertops, it's a good indication that you have mice.
- Gnawing: Mice like to gnaw on things, so you may find chew marks on food packaging or furniture.
- Nests: Mice will build nests out of soft materials like insulation. If you find a nest in your home, it may be a sign of mice.
- Sounds: Mice are nocturnal, so you may hear mice squeaking, scratching, or scurrying around in your walls at night.
If you see any of these signs in your home, it's time to take action. These pests can carry disease and cause damage to your property, so it's important to get rid of mice as soon as possible.
Can Mice In Your Oklahoma City House Make You Sick?
Yes, mice can make you sick. They carry diseases like hantavirus, which can cause severe respiratory illness. Mice also spread bacteria like salmonella and E. coli through their droppings. Both of these bacteria can cause food poisoning in humans. If you have young children or elderly family members living in your home, they are at a higher risk of becoming sick from mice.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Home
When you try to get rid of mice in your home, it's important to use the safest methods possible. This is especially true if you have young children or pets living in your home. Some common methods of mouse control, like poison, can be very dangerous to humans and animals. And store-bought traps can be ineffective and messy. The best way to get rid of a mouse infestation in your home is to call a professional pest control company like Alpha Omega Pest Control. We will safely and effectively remove mice from your home using the latest technology and techniques.
Natural Mouse Prevention Tips For Your Home
There are a few things you can do to prevent mice from entering your home without the use of harmful products:
- Seal up any cracks or holes in your foundation, walls, or doors. Mice only need a small opening to get into your home, so be sure to seal up any potential entry points.
- Keep food stored in airtight containers. Mice are attracted to food, so they will be more likely to enter your home if they can smell it.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Mice like to nest in cluttered areas, so a clean home will be less inviting to them.
- Use mouse-repellent plants. There are a few plants that mice don't like, such as mint and lavender. Planting these around your home can help keep mice away.
If you're already seeing mice or their signs in your home, Alpha Omega Pest Control can help. We use a variety of safe and effective methods to get rid of mice in your house, and we will work with you to find the best solution for your home. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Oklahoma City.